Transference of Spirits
1 Corinthians15:33 (AMP), Do not be so deceived and misled! Evil companionships, (communion, associations) corrupt and deprave good manners and morals and character. Introduction (Extracted from the book “Seductions Exposed” by Gary Greenwald) Did you know that you cannot be anywhere in this world without being influenced to some degree by the spirits around you? You may walk into a nightclub, thinking it will have no effect on you because you are a child of God. You may even plan to go into that nightclub with its loud, sensual music, heavy drinking, illicit drug trafficking, and sexual interplay thinking you can evangelize that place for Jesus Christ. But there is another spirit at work in that atmosphere. It is the spirit of Satan and this world system, and it will affect your attitudes and may even transfer to you if you are exposed to it for very long.
Why is it that a young person may become involved in hard rock music, go to rock concerts, and be introduced to the world of sex, drugs, and loud rock music, and then suddenly be changed overnight to become like another person? He may lose interest in school, and he may drastically change his appearance and even the type of clothes he wears. He may become rebellious and not want to obey or even listen to his parents anymore. How can this radical change be explained unless there is a transference from the rock stars and their followers to that person?
Why is it that a young, virginal girl may go to work for a business firm and, within six months, she has been seduced by one of the partners? Could it be that the playboy businessmen in her office have transferred a spirit of carnality and promiscuity to her? Or why is it that a godly young student may go away to college and come home one day and deny that he even believes in God anymore? Could the prevailing spirits of intellectualism and philosophy have gradually transferred to him and destroyed his belief in God?
On the other hand, why is it that a worldly and ungodly person may come into a church service, where there is a mighty anointing on the praise and worship and a convicting power on the message, and that person may be compelled to run to the altar and accept Jesus into his life? Why is it, unless the Spirit of God is strongly influencing that person, convicting him of sin and drawing him into the family of God? Wherever there is a strong spirit present, it can influence and eventually transfer to you. Proverbs 13:20 (Extracted from the book “Seductions Exposed” by Gary Greenwald)
1. TRANSFERENCE BY PERSONAL ASSOCIATION
1 Corinthians 15:33,34
- Christians can be influenced by the wrong attitudes of others.
- I’ve seen many times how a Christian that loves the Lord can suddenly be transformed in a person with severe problems of character. This happens because the people with whom we associate may transfer spirits.
- The goal of the enemy is to destroy our character and to attack our principles so that we may fall into sin.
- Many times the association is because of family ties and we call this a familiar spirit.
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
- Here we see that if we associate with people that don’t share our desires and our vision we may receive a dangerous transference of spirits.
- Association transfers the Spirit of Jezebel. Many times I’ve seen that the person under the influence of this spirit will come to prayer meetings, intercession, and all sorts of activities at the Church. Eventually this spirit will manifest through false prophecies or false revelations.
2. TRANSFERANCE BY CROWDS
2 Thessalonians 2:7
- When we attend to certain events where a crowd gathers for a purpose there is a spiritual manifestation that can transfer spirits.
- Crowds can act in stupid ways by association. A good example of this happens in the Carnival parties and parades. People that usually are timid sometimes will do unpredictable things under the spirit of the crowd.
- Sometimes a crowd of people will make a revolution or will crucify an innocent…
3. TRANSFERENCE FROM THE WORLD
Romans 7:19,241. Sometimes we promise things to God and we break those promises without understanding why.
- The Bible speaks about the “Spirit of the World” in 1 Corinthians 2:11,12; Some Christians want to live with a foot in the Church and a foot in the World. Eventually the Spirit of the World will destroy them.
- The Spirit of the World is so strong that can destroy even Spirit Filled Christians without any warning. (Galatians 5:17)
4. TRANSFERANCE FROM PLACES AND OBJECTS
- Certain innocent statues, pictures and ornaments can be the habitation of evil spirits. Good luck Charms and amulets can invite demonic oppression. (Isaiah 5:13)
- Some people cannot hold a job, cannot prosper and it seams that everything they do is doomed to disaster.
- Many times they don’t know that this comes to their lives because they are in captivity due to possessions of occultic objects that bring curses over them.
- The open doors can be video games, statues, TV shows, Kids cartoons, that they watch or books that they keep. The deception is in such way that they think that those things are innocent and that they are in control of their own lives when in fact they are under a curse (Romans 1:28)
- In 1 Peter 5:8 we see that the blood of the Lamb covers the Christian but when we allow that edge of protection to be broken we can be exposed to the curse and to Satan. (Ecclesiastes 10:8,9)
- Many of these curses come trough the possession or use of symbols or jewelry of the occult.
What shall we do?
- We see in Acts 19:19,20 that one of the first things that Paul instructed the new believers in Ephesus was to destroy objects of witchcraft and books of the occult.
- Numbers 33:52-53, 55-56 has an instruction to destroy the objects that where cursed.
- When we destroy an idol we should destroy the gold and the silver. WE CANNOT KEEP OR DESIRE THAT GOLD (Deuteronomy 7:25; Isaiah 30:22)